Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Re-importing exports

Been doing some research on yoga schools in India.

The one in Baroda where I go to sometimes on trips to India just does not cut it. Besides with their Gujarati accents (Guarati = local language in state where I am), the teachers constantly say something that make me want to giggle all the time and I lose all concentration ('Practice everyday and you can 'batter' yourself'). Hyderabad, where I'm going, doesn't seem to have anything promising either.

So I thought I'd go hang out in Mysore or Coonoor or Rishikesh for a month or two - perfect at least a handful of poses, apply myself and then stay disciplined for the rest of my life - instead of going to a handful of classes every other year and never practicing at home. But man, are they expensive, not to mention the cost of renting a place, eating, and all that. Any thoughts of staying a year or two and getting a yoga certification (which I've always wanted to do) to then go teach when I go back are out the window. In fact, if anything, I think I'll go back to the US, get certified and come back and teach here - more lucrative!

No comments:

Post a Comment